[fulltext]Gin index full scan

From: esemba <esemba(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: [fulltext]Gin index full scan
Date: 2009-05-11 13:04:39
Lists: pgsql-general
I've a table with tsvector column named meta_vector. Over this column there
is a gin index. When I execute query like:
select id from theses where meta_vector @@@ to_tsquery('cs', 'foo | (!bar)')

I get an errror message: query requires full scan, which is not supported by
GIN indexes.

The weird thing is, that when I drop the index, or disable index scans, it
works. Why can't the planner just use full scans instead of index scans on
such the queries? Thanks for help.

Sent from the PostgreSQL - general mailing list archive at

pgsql-general by date

Next:From: Cristina MDate: 2009-05-11 14:31:19