Re: Low performance on Windows problem

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Dalibor Sramek <dali(at)insula(dot)cz>
Cc: Merlin Moncure <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>,pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Low performance on Windows problem
Date: 2005-09-13 15:32:02
Lists: pgsql-performance
Dalibor Sramek <dali(at)insula(dot)cz> writes:
> select * from t_umlpattern limit 2
> takes 1500+ msec on the Windows machine and 60 on a comparable Linux
> machine. Both selects performed from remote PgAdmin.
> The same select performed localy on the windows machine takes 60 msec.

So it's a networking issue.  I haven't paid real close attention to
Windows problems, but I recall that we've heard a couple of reports
of Windows performance problems that were resolved by removing various
third-party network filters and/or installing Windows service pack
updates.  Check through the list archives ...