Postgres SQL Server / Oracle DBA Needed - Rackspace Hosting - San Antonio, TX

From: "Shelby Ruff" <shelby(dot)ruff(at)rackspace(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Postgres SQL Server / Oracle DBA Needed - Rackspace Hosting - San Antonio, TX
Date: 2009-04-01 14:31:11
Lists: pgsql-jobs

Greetings All,

I'm a Sr. Recruiter with Rackspace Hosting and wanted to inform you of
the following position if you or anyone you know has any interest.
Thank you for your time.

Database Engineer IV (SQL Server DBA / Postgres Oracle)

Rackspace Hosting Named #43 on FORTUNE 2009
List of "100 Best Companies to Work For" in America

Rackspace is the world's leader in hosting. We deliver enterprise-level
managed services to businesses of all sizes and kinds around the world.
Serving more than 31,000 customers in eight data centers worldwide,
Rackspace integrates the industry's best technologies and practices for
each customer's specific need and delivers it as a service via the
company's commitment to Fanatical Support(r). We serve as an extension
of our customers' IT departments, enabling them to focus on their core
business. We got started in 1998 and since then Rackspace has grown more
than 50 percent a year. There are currently over 2,600+ Rackers around
the world serving our customers.

Rackspace's Information Services department is currently seeking a
Database Administrator (DBA) to support our internal systems. The DBA
will be responsible for the following:

* Install, configure, troubleshoot and maintain database
instances.
* Experience is replication, backup, partitioning, storage and
access required.
* Ensuring availability of database environment
* Proactively monitoring database environment
* Performance tuning (index, disk optimization, etc)
* Provide trend analysis to management
* Data modeling with Logical and Physical design
* Architecting HA, DR and Failover database environment
* Documenting DB architecture
* Managing database security
* Performing capacity planning
* Implementation and release of DB changes
* On call support
* Query Optimization
* Ability to drive database related projects
* Must be a team player
* Must be willing to work some late nights
* Must be willing to learn new technology

The most competitive candidate for the position will have the following:

* 6 years + experience required
* Must have experience in Linux or UNIX
* Must have experience in SQL Server and /or Oracle (Other RDBMS
may be considered)
* Knowledge of Postgres or MySQL is a plus
* Experience with Nimbus is a plus
* Experience managing multiple RDBMS
* Practical experience in monitoring and performance tuning
* Practical experience in replication
* Experience in stored procedures
* Experience in managing database security
* Must have strong communication skills
* Familiarity with leading edge technologies is a plus
* Technical certifications a plus
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
and MySQL

Rackspace Hosting is an Equal Opportunity Employer

The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature
and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is
not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required
of the employee assigned to this job.

Thanks for your time and interest in Rackspace Hosting.

Shelby Ruff

Senior Recruiter

Rackspace Hosting

210-312-3177 office #

210-835-8902 cell #

shelby(dot)ruff(at)rackspace(dot)com

www.rackspace.com

www.rackspacecareers.com

Take a look at our careers site and apply directly...
www.rackspacecareers.com <http://www.rackspace.co.uk/recruitment>

Visit my LinkedIn profile and send me an invite if you are interested in
networking... www.linkedin.com/in/shelbyruff

at abuse(at)rackspace(dot)com, and delete the original message.
Your cooperation is appreciated.