Re: Linux server connection process consumes all memory

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Ioannis Anagnostopoulos" <ioannis(at)anatec(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org, ahodgson(at)simkin(dot)ca
Subject: Re: Linux server connection process consumes all memory
Date: 2011-12-04 16:30:04
Lists: pgsql-novice
"Ioannis Anagnostopoulos" <ioannis(at)anatec(dot)com> writes:
> I am not sure if I can but I will try to attach my server's configuration for
> you to take a look. I am also attaching the vb.net code that is
> executed.

I don't know much of anything about VB, but I am filled with suspicion
that something in the VB infrastructure you're using is not doing what
you think.  In particular, I'm betting that repeated executions of this
code are in fact generating new prepared statements without deallocating
old ones.  You could investigate that theory by setting log_statement =
all in the server configuration and then watching the server log to see
exactly what SQL commands are actually getting sent.