Re: pg_dump issue : Cannot drop a non-existent(?) trigger

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Stephan Szabo <sszabo(at)megazone(dot)bigpanda(dot)com>
Cc: Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_dump issue : Cannot drop a non-existent(?) trigger
Date: 2005-03-25 15:10:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Stephan Szabo <sszabo(at)megazone(dot)bigpanda(dot)com> writes:
> Odd, why is this not showing up as a foreign key constraint?  Has this
> database been upgraded (no matter through how many different upgrades)
> from an old version (7.1 or earlier I think)?

And the other odd thing is that it fails to dump it as a trigger either.
The "invalid argument string" complaint indicates that pg_dump didn't
find the right number of "\000" sequences in the tgargs value; but
pg_get_triggerdef evidently is finding the right number of zero bytes.
It almost looks like the tgargs value got coerced from bytea to text
somewhere between the catalogs and pg_dump, but how'd that happen?

It'd be good to look at the trigger row directly:
	select * from pg_trigger where tgname = 'RI_ConstraintTrigger_39053';