Re: What in the world is happening on spoonbill?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: lembark(at)wrkhors(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: What in the world is happening on spoonbill?
Date: 2008-08-24 16:14:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Steven Lembark <lembark(at)wrkhors(dot)com> writes:
>>> Are we in the business of excluding text-based browsers? Or obsolete
>>> ones, for that matter?

> I don't think we would want to be in the business of
> dealing successfully with every quirk of every browser
> ever released.

That's nothing but a straw-man. The point here was to avoid using
constructs that we know won't work on some set of browsers, not to
specifically code around any "quirks". I already suggested a workable
solution that involves no new assumptions at all, which was to put the
added info on the linked-to pages instead of directly on the dashboard.

Now we could do that *and* use tooltips, if we can be fairly sure that
the tooltips will be ignored by browsers that can't handle them as
popups.