Re: Call for platform testing

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Luis Amigo <lamigo(at)atc(dot)unican(dot)es>
Subject: Re: Call for platform testing
Date: 2001-11-29 20:31:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Luis Amigo <lamigo(at)atc(dot)unican(dot)es> writes:
> I've been searching for info that could explain round-up difference in
> geometry.
> I believe i've found a reasonable explanation, there is a architecture
> disroupt between old MIPS3 FPUs
> and newer MIPS4 FPUs.(so I'm almost sure that is the explanation).
> I would like to know if is there anyone else running on IRIX, so we can
> discuss these  and other results from another point of view.

I sent mail earlier to Pete Forman, who submitted the existing
geometry-irix comparison file.  He hasn't responded yet.

If Pete's lost interest then I'd be willing to adopt your results as
the standard geometry-irix file.  If he's still interested then we'd
need to figure out a way for the resultmap mechanism to distinguish
older and newer MIPS hardware in order to accommodate two sets of
IRIX geometry results.  Got any idea how to do that?  (Does config.guess
produce any relevant info?)