Re: PostgreSQL + PostGIS - "mining" FGDC metadata of GIS datasets

From: Kasia Tuszynska <ktuszynska(at)esri(dot)com>
To: Greg Cocks <gcocks(at)stoller(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL List - Novice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL + PostGIS - "mining" FGDC metadata of GIS datasets
Date: 2009-01-20 18:59:14
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi Greg,
You mentioned that your data is in the "ESRI geodatabase" format, if it is stored in the PostGIS datatype called geometry then you will be able to use the data in the open source software stack that you are proposing.

The data being recognized a geodatabase does not have any bearing on your ability to use it with open source stack, as long as the type in which it resides is understood by PostGIS.

Sincerely,
Kasia