Re: BUG #1130: server terminated by signal 11 (easy to duplicate)

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Walker, Philip M" <phil(dot)walker(at)hp(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #1130: server terminated by signal 11 (easy to duplicate)
Date: 2004-04-13 15:40:30
Lists: pgsql-bugs

"Walker, Philip M" <phil(dot)walker(at)hp(dot)com> writes:
> Attached is the entire file,

Thanks. Unfortunately, I see no crash here ...

I tried it on 7.4.1 on a Linux PC, also on 7.4.2 and development tip
on HPUX. Anyway there's not anything in the script that looks like
it would cause a problem --- certainly not in the area suggested by
the postmaster log. There's no obvious difference between the CREATE
commands it gets through and the ones it doesn't.

It's barely possible that the difference is some post-7.4 bug fix,
but I can't think what.

I'd have to say that either you have a misbuilt Postgres executable
or there's something platform-specific going on. You might try asking
on the pgsql-cygwin list to see if anyone recognizes the symptoms.

You should update to 7.4.2 just on general principles; if the problem is
a misbuilt executable then a fresh build should fix it.

regards, tom lane