Re: libpgtcl: pq_recvbuf: unexpected EOF on client connection

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: g(dot)hintermayer(at)inode(dot)at (Gerhard Hintermayer)
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: libpgtcl: pq_recvbuf: unexpected EOF on client connection
Date: 2002-09-02 15:54:08
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
g(dot)hintermayer(at)inode(dot)at (Gerhard Hintermayer) writes:
> I constantly keep getting this message in the log files when
> disconnection with pg_disconnect (TCL-interface)

Yeah, I see it too --- though everything's fine if you just exit the
client program without an explicit pg_disconnect.  I think the problem
is that pg_disconnect shouldn't be unregistering the notifier_channel;
I bet TCL thinks it should close the socket when we do that.  Then
the later PQfinish call will be unable to send the normal termination
message to the backend.  Probably the best fix is to move the unregister
call into PgDelConnectionId(), after we do PQfinish.