Re: One more option for pg_dump...

From: "Leonardo Cezar" <lhcezar(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "David BOURIAUD" <david(dot)bouriaud(at)ac-rouen(dot)fr>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: One more option for pg_dump...
Date: 2008-02-25 14:28:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 10:48 AM, David BOURIAUD
<david(dot)bouriaud(at)ac-rouen(dot)fr> wrote:
> Could there be an option to pg_dump (let's say --function [func_name]) to be
> abble to dump the complete source code of a function in a separate file, or
> on the terminal ?

It's a TODO item. Just not to functions and so others (operators,
casts,...) objects as well.

I'm coding a fully functional prototype that solves these features.
Just now I'm going think in a way to dump overloaded functions that
seems me one more complicated issue.

> Do you think it could be a good thing ?

Yep! Hence it's a todo item :-)

> Are there workarounds to have the same comportement that I'm not aware of ?

Alot of lines sed+awk+pg_dump scripts ..

-Leo
--
Leonardo Cezar et all
http://www.dextra.com.br/postgres