Re: [HACKERS] Revised proposal for libpq and FE/BE protocol changes

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Revised proposal for libpq and FE/BE protocol changes
Date: 1998-07-05 16:05:55
Lists: pgsql-hackerspgsql-interfaces
Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us> writes:
> Tom, just wondering were we are with this.  Can you update libpq.3?

Will do.  I've been busy with other stuff and have not had time to spend
on pgsql, but will try to push it up the priority list.

> Are the sgml sources updated with the protocol changes?

Yes, those are done.  I had been hoping not to have to update libpq.3
manually, that's all...

> Also, are these items completed?  How about our cancel query key?  I
> think it is random/secure enough for our purposes.  Can you make the
> changes, or do you need changes from me?

I haven't looked to see what's been done there --- have you finished an
initial implementation, or is the cancel-via-postmaster-instead-of-OOB
change still just at the talk stage?  I can handle the libpq end of it,
but feel less secure about modifying the postmaster.

Previous:From: Peter T MountDate: 1998-07-05 10:38:25