Re: minor windows & cygwin regression failures on stable branch

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: minor windows & cygwin regression failures on stable branch
Date: 2005-03-26 02:20:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> Windows has ordering failures on the join and rules tests - Cygwin has a
> failures on the stats test. See buildfarm for details.

The ordering failures seem to be because the recent planner hacking has
taken us back to preferring merge joins for these tests, and Windows'
version of qsort has bizarre behavior for equal keys.

I put an ORDER BY in the rules test.  For join, I'm inclined to think
that the best bet is to resurrect the join_1.out variant comparison
file that we had awhile ago.  Unfortunately, what's in the CVS archives
is out of date and can't be used directly.  Could you send me the actual
rules.out you get on Windows to use for a comparison file?

Dunno about the stats failure.  It looks like the stats collector just
isn't working on Cygwin, but AFAIR no one has touched that code lately.

Do these machines fail on HEAD too?  (There don't seem to be any active
Windows buildfarm machines for HEAD, which is surely ungood.  Won't
someone step up and put one into the regular rotation?)