Re: CommitFest Status Summary - 2010-02-14

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: CommitFest Status Summary - 2010-02-14
Date: 2010-02-14 17:52:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> * Listen / Notify rewrite. This is the only one of the remaining
> patches that is not marked as Ready for Committer, but I think it
> would be good if someone (probably Tom) at least took a look at it.
> I'm not sure if it's committable at this point, but we should at least
> try to provide some good feedback.

I will look at this one. It'd be nice to get it in if at all possible,
because the existing listen/notify infrastructure won't play very nicely
with HS --- eg, inspecting pg_listener on the slave might yield the
false impression that some of the slave-side backends had active LISTENs
because of chance matches of PID.