Re: Re: [INTERFACES] WIN32 MULTIBYTE

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Darko Prenosil <Darko(dot)Prenosil(at)finteh(dot)hr>, PostgreSQL-patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: [INTERFACES] WIN32 MULTIBYTE
Date: 2001-07-30 22:46:24
Lists: pgsql-patches
> Tom Lane doesn't want this patch applied.  I assume he will give further
> guidance.  Thanks.

The changes to dllist.c are obviously broken; also, the multibyte
linking issue is valid across all platforms and should not be solved by
#ifdef WIN32 kluges.  I don't have a problem with the makefile changes,
though.

>> I alsi removed definition WIN32_NON_BLOCKING_CONNECTIONS
>> from fe-connect.c to win32.h.

Since this seems to work now, I'm inclined to remove both the symbol and
the #if tests on it, so that we can have some code de-cluttering instead
of increased clutter.