Re: [ADMIN] Post Removal

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
Cc: "Rafael Domiciano" <rafael(dot)domiciano(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] Post Removal
Date: 2012-01-17 19:32:16
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-www

> Rafael Domiciano <rafael(dot)domiciano(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>> What i have to do to remove the following post:
>> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-admin/2009-09/msg00141.php

> I'm not sure it is possible to have a public post removed from the
> archives; but if it is, pgsql-admin would probably not be read by
> the folks with rights to do it. I'm moving this to the pgsql-www
> list with a blind copy to pgsql-admin.

I believe there is a general project policy against altering the
archives; they're historical records which are valuable only to the
extent that they're accurate and complete. It seems a bit silly to be
asking to suppress a post more than two years after the fact, anyway.
Even if we did remove it, there would still be copies available from
google, the Wayback Machine, etc etc.