Re: move 'Value' node into separate file

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: move 'Value' node into separate file
Date: 2004-01-06 19:46:03
Lists: pgsql-patches

> This patch separates the 'Value' and 'List' nodes: now the Value node
> has its own interface (i.e. header) and implementation files. This is
> just house-keeping, in preparation for the list rewrite.

This is just cleanup, right? Or were you intending that something will
happen to Value in connection with the List changes? I can't think
what offhand ...

One trivial gripe: you forgot to change the filename in the new value.c
file's header comment. Looks OK otherwise.

> I renumbered a NodeTag: does that require a catalog version number
> bump?

It does not. NodeTag numbers appear only in in-memory data structures.

(It does tend to require a backend-wide recompile, but hopefully most
people have learned by now to use --enable-depend or else "make clean"
after every CVS update.)