Re: contrib/dblink regression test failure fix

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: contrib/dblink regression test failure fix
Date: 2002-09-23 17:02:38
Lists: pgsql-patches

> Attached is a patch to fix the current regression test failure for
> contrib/dblink. The failure was induced by recent changes to cast
> behavior.

Actually, I was going to suggest modifying the declaration of the
dblink function(s) to take integer instead of int2. Is there a
really good reason why they take int2? If not, there's little point
in putting up with a notational headache throughout the 7.3 cycle.

The problem should go away again in 7.4, when we tweak the parser to
initially type "2" as "2::int2" ... but for now the path of least
resistance would seem to be avoiding declaring functions to take int2.