On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 9:56 AM, Kevin Grittner
> "dev.pho" <dev(dot)pho(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>> I was wondering if I could restore the database from the location
>> of the tablespace.
> It's not clear exactly what you want to do. Have you read through
> the documentation on backup and restore?:
I don't know if this was the intent but it did provide me with what I
thought was a good idea.
* Snapshot a schema / tablespace / database to another schema /
tablespace / database.
The applications for this could be
* an alternative to the existing backup methods
* using the copy for testing purposes without having to create-drop database
* providing stock data for application demos without fear of losing
* quick recovery to a known good schema and data
Could the mechanics behind pg_start_backup() assist with the
development of such a feature?
It's just a rough idea.
In response to
pgsql-admin by date
|Next:||From: Kevin Grittner||Date: 2010-01-28 23:26:03|
|Subject: Re: Restore database from tablespace|
|Previous:||From: Kevin Grittner||Date: 2010-01-28 21:04:00|
|Subject: Re: CentOS & PostgreSQL help re: TIME_WAIT|