Re: time problem with postgres ODBC driver (fwd)

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Laurette Cisneros <laurette(at)nextbus(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: time problem with postgres ODBC driver (fwd)
Date: 2002-02-12 18:22:43
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Laurette Cisneros <laurette(at)nextbus(dot)com> writes:
> create table tst
> ( col1 date,
>   col2 time);
> When using the PostreSQL ODBC driver version 07.01.0007 against both a 7.2
> and 7.1.3 database server, a select * from tst returns the date value for
> col1 correctly, but returns the current date for col2 (which obviously is
> wrong).

It sounds like ODBC (or the client application) is misinterpreting the
datatype of col2 as being a "date" or "date/time" type not "time of
day".  There is a translation between PG internal types and the ODBC
standard's notion of types, so one possible explanation is that there's
something getting lost in translation.

> Interestingly, we have a system that has (had) a driver we had
> downloaded from GreatBridge ODBC and it was working fine until we
> installed the PostgreSQL driver onto it.

This, however, mystifies me.  AFAIK GB's ODBC driver wasn't different
from the community's.