Re: Help w/ initdb hanging - found a solution!

From: "Markus Wollny" <Markus(dot)Wollny(at)computec(dot)de>
To: "S(dot) L(dot)" <s0lao(at)netscape(dot)net>, <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Help w/ initdb hanging - found a solution!
Date: 2001-11-21 09:31:39
Lists: pgsql-cygwin
Hi!

I granted the postgres-account administrator-rights and did the complete
installation under this account, so I did actually start the ipc-daemon
under the same account as the initdb. The servers in question do not use
Active Directory. It didn't help, though, the procedure I described as
working remained the only solution. On the other hand, the ipc-daemon
was marked as running under 'LocalSystem' even if I started it under the
postgres-account. In order to have it running under the
postgres-account, one would have to explicitly configure it to do so - I
didn't try that yet, as I am happy having initdb'ed the way I described.

Greetings,

	Markus

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----