Re: connection dropping continued

From: "Markus Wollny" <Markus(dot)Wollny(at)computec(dot)de>
To: "James M Doherty" <jim(at)jdoherty(dot)net>, <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: connection dropping continued
Date: 2004-02-18 22:25:46
Lists: pgadmin-support

I think I found out what's causing the connection dropping - it's not
really the firewall, it's the dynamic NAT routing. Our admin doesn't
want to set up static NAT routing for the developers though if he can
help it - he says that this should be reserved for servers.

As an easy solution to the problem, I open up an SSH-terminal to the
PostgreSQL-server and keep the top-process running (which I do mostly
anyway); as long as there's just any traffic going on, the connection is
kept alive - I think even pinging the server should be sufficient.

Regards

Markus