Re: connection dropping continued

From: "Markus Wollny" <Markus(dot)Wollny(at)computec(dot)de>
To: "Andreas Pflug" <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: "Josh Endries" <jendries(at)pragmeta(dot)com>,<pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: connection dropping continued
Date: 2004-02-17 22:51:48
Lists: pgadmin-support
		The server is waiting for tcp/ip disconnect, which is
never coming
		because the firewall eats this, resulting in backends
waiting to death.
		Again: you'll have to request your sysadmin to fix the
firewall, at
		least on that pgsql port for internal use. Timeouts
simply don't make
		sense here. You won't have DOS attacks internally, I
hope (if you do,
		locate the aggressor, and eliminate him).

The architecture just doesn't fit here - it's two LANs connected over a
VLAN, so the firewall is between us and the open internet, even though
the PG-server is in it's own LAN. I can not fix the firewall, it's not
in my jurisdiction and I cannot take it there. Changing
firewall-settings is simply not an option for me. I see that there's no
way that you would consider implementing a keep-alive feature. That's
fine, I shall have to live with the issue. Sorry to have asked in the
first place.

pgadmin-support by date

Next:From: Markus WollnyDate: 2004-02-18 00:00:06