Re: Severe problems with ColdFusion 5, ODBC and PostgreSQL 7.2.1

From: "Markus Wollny" <Markus(dot)Wollny(at)computec(dot)de>
To: "mlw" <developer(at)mohawksoft(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Severe problems with ColdFusion 5, ODBC and PostgreSQL 7.2.1
Date: 2002-08-10 18:42:44
Lists: pgsql-odbc

If we turned off connection pooling, we'd have to go back to
non-persistant connections. And this causes severe performace
decreasing, as the time the OS takes to fork a new process is coming on
top of every request made to the database. As several people strictly
recommend using connection pooling and persistant connections, I don't
think that switching that off would in fact solve any problem but cause
a bunch of new ones...