Changing transform_null_equals (and other settings)

From: David Saracini <dsaracini(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Changing transform_null_equals (and other settings)
Date: 2009-03-19 01:06:31
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hello all,

Is there a way (via a sql cmd) to change the "default" value for this settings?

So - just to be clear.  I understand that if I send the following command:

   "set transform_null_equals to on;"

I can set it for a given connection.  However, I guess what I really want to know, is there a way to literally (or effectively) change the value in the Postgresql.conf file via a sql cmd?  Or do I physically have to edit the value in that file (via a text editor or pgAdmin III, etc)

I hope my question makes sense.

Thanks in advance and cheers!

David

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Andreas KretschmerDate: 2009-03-19 07:08:51
Previous:From: David SaraciniDate: 2009-03-18 22:32:41
Subject: Re: Check if table exists