Missing functionality in ResultSetMetaData ?

From: Thomas Dudziak <tomdzk(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Missing functionality in ResultSetMetaData ?
Date: 2005-08-09 20:38:12
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi,

I'm trying to extract the source tables from a result set for a
arbitrary select query. For this I use the

ResultSetMetaData.getTableName(int columnIndex)

method. However with the postgresql-8.0-311.jdbc3.jar driver against a
PostgreSQL 8.0.1, I never get any table names, regardless of whether
the query is a straight SELECT * FROM simpletable or a complicated
query using multiple joins.
Are there plans to incorporate this functionality, or perhaps a driver
version that already supports this ?

regards,
Tom