Re: Bug #734: Rename column make views go bad

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Dennis Bjorklund <db(at)zigo(dot)dhs(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bug #734: Rename column make views go bad
Date: 2002-08-08 19:46:13
Lists: pgsql-bugs
> I have some other problems with my dumps that stops them from being
> restored later. It seems like functions and views are exported in the
> wrong order.

pg_dump is pretty weak in that area --- someone needs to rewrite it to
take advantage of the dependency info that the backend now maintains,
rather than relying on OID ordering as it largely does now.

But if you can generate a reproducible example, send it in.

pgsql-bugs by date

Next:From: Jean-Luc LachanceDate: 2002-08-08 20:18:22