Can not access the public schema

From: "M(dot)Khaled" <mohamed_mohamed_186(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Can not access the public schema
Date: 2008-01-18 07:53:10
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Hi,
  I had installed postgresql-8.1.9, But when I tried to run any sql statement like the following:
  (1)select * from <TableName>;
          or
  (2)select * from public.<TableName>;

   on the query tool to access any table inside the public schema I got the following error:
  ERROR:  relation "<TableName>" does not exist
                    or
  ERROR:  relation "public.<TableName>" does not exist
  thought I am logging in with a superuser account.

  -The second part of the problem is that I wrote a JDBC code to access any table inside the public schema and I got the same errors.And the following are the lines of code I wrote:

  Class.forName("org.postgresql.Driver");
   Connection connection = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:postgresql://localhost/<DataBaseName>?user=user&password=password");
   System.out.println("connection>>>>>>>>>>>>> "+connection);
   Statement statement=connection.createStatement();
   ResultSet resultSet=statement.executeQuery("select * from public.<TableName>");
  //or
  //select * from <TableName>
            while(resultSet.next()){
             System.out.println(resultSet.getString(1));
            }
  } catch (ClassNotFoundException e) {
   e.printStackTrace();
  } catch (SQLException e) {
   e.printStackTrace();
  }

  -I ensured that I have a connection to the DataBase by printing the connection to the console as you see.And the connection object was printed.

  -Please advice.

  Thanks,
  Mohamed.

pgsql-jdbc by date

Next:From: Francesco StortiDate: 2008-01-18 11:35:12