Re: BUG #4879: bgwriter fails to fsync the file in recovery mode

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>, Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #4879: bgwriter fails to fsync the file in recovery mode
Date: 2009-06-26 03:08:45
Lists: pgsql-bugs
I wrote:
> ... Never mind that complaint then.

Be advised that I'm going to be on the warpath again in the morning.
I observe that the substantial amount of care we have taken over
XLogFlush's handling of bad-input-LSN scenarios has been completely
destroyed by the UpdateMinRecoveryPoint patch, which will fail
disastrously (leaving the database unstartable/unrecoverable) if a
bogusly large LSN is encountered during recovery.

However, I grow weary...