Re: Tsearch1 problem

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>
Cc: Sam Barnett-Cormack <s(dot)barnett-cormack(at)lancaster(dot)ac(dot)uk>,Rajesh Kumar Mallah <mallah(at)trade-india(dot)com>,pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Tsearch1 problem
Date: 2004-02-24 15:39:36
Lists: pgsql-admin
Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su> writes:
> Also, I run test on 7.3.3
> Everything  is ok.
> I see your version of postgresql is outdated (you may upgrade at least
> to 7.3.5 !) and most suspicious is the version of your compiler 2.96 !

There was at least one post-7.3 bug fix in tsearch, according to the CVS
logs.  Could this be it?

	* contrib/tsearch/morph.c (REL7_3_STABLE): Thank you very much, you
	catch it :). This bug had a long life, because it exists if and
	only if locale of postmaster was a different from C (or
	ru_RU.KOI8-R).

	Please, apply patch for current CVS & 7.3.1

	Magnus Naeslund(f) wrote:
	> Ok, I nailed the bug, but i'm not sure what the correct fix is.
	> Attached tsearch_morph.diff that remedies this problem by
	avoiding it.
	> Also there's a debug aid patch if someone would like to know how
	> finally found it out :)
	>
	> There problem in the lemmatize() function is that GETDICT(...)
	returned
	> a value not handled (BYLOCALE).
	> The value (-1) and later used as an index into the dicts[] array.
	> After that everything went berserk stack went crazy somehow so
	trapping
	> the fault sent me to the wrong place, and every time i read the
	value it
	> was positive ;)
	>
	> So now i just return the initial word passed to the lemmatize
	function,
	> because i don't know what to do with it.

	Magnus Naeslund