Re: pg_resetxlog command not found

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Matt Bartolome" <mattxbart(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_resetxlog command not found
Date: 2007-06-18 18:18:56
Lists: pgsql-general

"Matt Bartolome" <mattxbart(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> I am doing some experimentation with a WAL archiving HA setup. I tried
> turning to the pg_resetxlog command after removing some corrupted
> files and it is not installed using the ubuntu dapper 8.1 package.

Maybe they put it in some subpackage you didn't install? A very long
time ago (7.2 days) it was one of our contrib modules, so it's
conceivable that someone might be packaging it in postgresql-contrib
still. I didn't think ubuntu was around that long though. I believe
most packagers these days put it in the -server subpackage.

If they really didn't include it anywhere, get a better Linux distro.