Re: Can't login to 8.2.4 if not superuser...

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Daniel Rubio <drubior(at)tinet(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Can't login to 8.2.4 if not superuser...
Date: 2007-09-06 14:18:03
Lists: pgsql-admin
Daniel Rubio <drubior(at)tinet(dot)org> writes:
> Here's the stack trace, I'm not sure this is all you need (it's the
> first time I use gdb) so, tell me if you need more information

> Core was generated by `/aplicacions/postgres/bin/postmaster -D
> /aplicacions/postgres/data'.
> #0  0x001a66b4 in HaveNFreeProcs ()
> (gdb) backtrace
> #0  0x001a66b4 in HaveNFreeProcs ()
> #1  0x0024deb4 in InitPostgres ()
> #2  0x001b1464 in PostgresMain ()
> #3  0x001837f0 in ServerLoop ()
> #4  0x00184cd8 in PostmasterMain ()
> #5  0x001373f8 in main ()

Well, that's pretty darn odd.  It looks like you could work around the
crash by setting superuser_reserved_connections to 0, but that doesn't
tell us *why* it's crashing.  HaveNFreeProcs, and the data structure
it looks at, are simple enough that it's hard to credit a bug there.
I'm worried that what you've got is really a compiler bug.  What
compiler did you build with, and did you use any nondefault CFLAGS?
(pg_config output would be helpful here.)