Re: [INTERFACES] lo_export & pgaccess

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Ken J(dot) Wright" <ken(at)ori-ind(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] lo_export & pgaccess
Date: 1999-06-30 15:03:57
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
"Ken J. Wright" <ken(at)ori-ind(dot)com> writes:
> But...... this crypt problem
> has been hanging around for some time. And I do wonder why it can't just be
> a permanent entry in the *linux* section of Makefile.shlib?

That's not the right fix because it's not a Linux-only problem.  The
appropriate fix is in place elsewhere (and, hopefully, will actually
work as intended in 6.5.1 ;-)).

> Hold on a sec..... YES.
> Using the distribution make files, all that has to change (for Linux
> anyway) is to add -lcrypt to SHLIB_LINK in Makefile.shlib and have the
> extra sym links created. I just did this and all went well.

Great!  I'll fix the build rule to create those symlinks and then maybe
things will start to work properly...

			regards, tom lane

pgsql-interfaces by date