Re: log statements span multiple lines

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Stuart Kendrick <skendric(at)fhcrc(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: log statements span multiple lines
Date: 2010-11-28 16:54:35
Lists: pgsql-novice

Stuart Kendrick <skendric(at)fhcrc(dot)org> writes:
> How do I tell postmaster to log SQL statements to a single line?

Don't use syslog.

> At the moment, a particular statement gets chopped up across multiple
> syslog lines:

The reason for this is that many syslog implementations have arbitrary
limits on line lengths, and will drop or corrupt data beyond that.

If you know what the limit is on your particular platform, you could
adjust the chopping-point constant in elog.c. (I would not recommend
disabling the chopping behavior altogether.) But on the whole it's
probably better to switch to another logging method.