Re: int8.c compile problem on UnixWare 7.x

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Billy G(dot) Allie" <Bill(dot)Allie(at)mug(dot)org>, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: int8.c compile problem on UnixWare 7.x
Date: 2000-04-02 04:49:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> I am sorry Billy but the new code is much harder to understand than the
> original, so I am not inclined to change it based on a compiler bug, for
> which SCO is so famous.

I agree that I'm not eager to uglify the code that much to avoid a
single-platform compiler bug.  Can it be worked around with less-ugly
changes?  I'd try changing the --i to i--, for example; and/or swapping
the order of the two initialization assignments.  Neither of those would
impair readability noticeably.