AW: [HACKERS] Revised proposal for libpq and FE/BE protocol changes

From: Zeugswetter Andreas SARZ <Andreas(dot)Zeugswetter(at)telecom(dot)at>
To: "'Tom Lane'" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "'hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: AW: [HACKERS] Revised proposal for libpq and FE/BE protocol changes
Date: 1998-04-30 07:43:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Hi there,

You seem to be doing very much thought in this area ;-)
One idea strikes me though:
	A standard ODBC Call Level Interface exists !
Why not try to get the ideas for libpq from there ? Maybe we could even
implement those
same functions.
A small extract:

On the discussion of the protocol, I would suggest using and looking into
	pvm3 at
this would open a wide area of low and high speed client server protocols
like: ipcshm, unix domain sockets, and native access to high performace

I use it to communicate from backend user defined functions with a neural
simulator. It simplifies the communication substantially.

> Tom Lane wrote:
> Here is a revised proposal that takes into account the discussions
> of the last few days.  Any comments?

pgsql-hackers by date

Next:From: Tom Ivar HelbekkmoDate: 1998-04-30 07:44:30