lock table syntax

From: Zeugswetter Andreas DBT <Andreas(dot)Zeugswetter(at)telecom(dot)at>
To: "'pgsql-hackers(at)hub(dot)org'" <pgsql-hackers(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: lock table syntax
Date: 1998-02-03 10:37:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hullo,

I seen the new lock table help in psql:
I think we should stick to the (pseudo)standard syntax right from the
beginning.
Or maybe allow both, but i think at least the table keyword should be
mandatory
to simplify implementation of other locks (like database).

lock table <tablename> in {exclusive|share} mode;

What we have now would conform to exclusive mode (works inside a
transaction only, ok but
that's the most important case :-).

Andreas