Packaged solution (Dump partial Schema?)

From: "Mike Ellsworth" <younicycle(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Packaged solution (Dump partial Schema?)
Date: 2008-09-25 11:54:05
Lists: pgsql-novice

I've read through a couple of threads on hackers:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2008-07/msg00238.php
and another somewhat related thread about adding a where clause
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2008-07/msg01185.php

We have a need for dumping a partial schema and restoring into another.
Before we get too far, I'm wondering if:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/interactive/app-pgdump.html

is what we should be reading or if there is other, more relevant material.

Thanks,
Mike E.