Re: TODO item: list prepared queries

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: joe(at)mcknight(dot)de
Cc: neilc(at)samurai(dot)com, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org, mpaesold(at)gmx(dot)at
Subject: Re: TODO item: list prepared queries
Date: 2005-12-14 17:13:50
Lists: pgsql-patches
"" <joe(at)mcknight(dot)de> writes:
> It uses the query string that was already in the prepared queries hash
> table. This one uses debug_query_string. I'm a poor student and can't
> afford paying you a lunch, but I'd offer you a coke if you tell me why this
> is wrong  ;-)

(1) Multiple statements in same query string.  (2) Statements prepared
via paths other than front-door, client-submitted command; for instance,
inside a plpgsql function.

It was OK to not be very accurate about this as long as the string was
just being used for debugging purposes, but if it's going to be exposed
to users then I'm going to demand higher standards --- because those
corner cases *will* come back to us as bug reports.