Re: Full text index/compiling fti.c

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Juan Julian Merelo Guervos <jmerelo(at)geneura(dot)ugr(dot)es>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: Full text index/compiling fti.c
Date: 2000-07-19 18:03:05
Lists: pgsql-novice

Juan Julian Merelo Guervos <jmerelo(at)geneura(dot)ugr(dot)es> writes:
> I have been trying to compile the fti.c program that comes in the
> contrib directory, to no avail. Looks like it includes other files,
> which try to look for one such fmgr.h file, which is not in the
> postgres-7.0 source distribution.

In 7.0, fmgr.h is built during compilation of the source tree --- I'm
afraid you need to work with a fully configured+built source tree.

(We have a TODO item to try to make this a little cleaner in future.
It's clear that more of the header files ought to be installed into
the install include tree, but where to draw the line exactly?)