Re: Installation problem...

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Alexander Jochum" <DarkCloud14(at)web(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Installation problem...
Date: 2004-09-17 15:01:44
Lists: pgsql-novice

"Alexander Jochum" <DarkCloud14(at)web(dot)de> writes:
> Which version of readline do I need to compile the postgres sources sucessfull ??
> I've downloaded and installed version 5.0 ...

Should work.

> The files of readline can be found in: /usr/local/lib, /usr/local/include etc.

> when I try to tell configure with the parameter "--with-libraries=/usr/local/lib" where it can find
> the libraries it won't work too... so what am I doing wrong ?!?

You also need something like "--with-includes=/usr/local/include"

> I'm using Suse Linux 9.0...

Hmm, when using gcc I'd expect it to look in /usr/local without any
prodding. Define "won't work" --- what happens exactly when you
run configure? If it fails at one of the readline probing steps,
let's see the corresponding part of config.log, not just the terminal
output.