Logging in with postgres remotely

From: Newbie Poster <newbie(dot)poster(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Logging in with postgres remotely
Date: 2009-03-27 22:44:53
Lists: pgsql-admin
I am trying to connect to a postgres database ona remote server using pgAdmin III, and the user postgres.  According to some instructions I found in the mailing list archives, I reset the password of the postgres user, which is required before one can use that username to connect to a remote database. I am still getting the same error, however, which is:

 Error connecting to the server: FATAL:  password authentication failed for user "postgres"

Any pointers?  Thanks!

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Newbie PosterDate: 2009-03-27 23:33:19