Re: Postgresql 7.4 fails to compile on Redhat Fedora Core 1 Linux

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: "Marcel Gsteiger" <Marcel(dot)Gsteiger(at)milprog(dot)ch>,pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgresql 7.4 fails to compile on Redhat Fedora Core 1 Linux
Date: 2003-12-12 20:47:27
Lists: pgsql-ports
> I tried that and various combinations of switches and environments but
> could not reproduce this.

I find it striking that both complainants reported that the issue went
away on a fresh build attempt.  This seems to suggest that even on
configurations that can produce the problem, it only happens one time
in N, where we have little idea how large N is.

Marcel, could you try just doing "make distclean, configure, make"
ten or a hundred times overnight, and see if you get more failures?