Re: libpq++ memory problems

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Tim Brookes <tim(dot)brookes(at)mcmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: libpq++ memory problems
Date: 2000-04-20 15:06:33
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Tim Brookes <tim(dot)brookes(at)mcmail(dot)com> writes:
> So I have downloaded and set up version 6.5.3 on a test system. I then
> altered the code on the example so that it no longer uses the PgEnv class.
> I set my environment variable and ran the program now as below. I still get
> a huge memory leak.

> Can I ask you what version you are using?

Current CVS sources --- ie, 7.0RC1 plus or minus a little bit. But as
far as I can tell from the CVS logs, not much has been done to libpq++
since 6.5; there's certainly nothing in the logs about fixing memory
leaks. So I'd have expected 6.5 to behave the same. Interesting.

> callproc(){
> PgDatabase* loStatsdb;

> loStatsdb = new PgDatabase("");
> delete loStatsdb;
> };

> main(){
> while(1){
> callproc();
> };
> };

AFAIR, my test program looked just like that except it specified a
database name --- new PgDatabase("dbname=regression") or some such.

I wonder if it could be platform- or configuration-specific. What
options did you give to configure?