Re: Restoring table with array

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: BELLON Michel <Michel(dot)Bellon(at)lcie(dot)fr>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Restoring table with array
Date: 2001-10-08 16:37:23
Lists: pgsql-bugs
BELLON Michel <Michel(dot)Bellon(at)lcie(dot)fr> writes:
> I obtain the error
> ERROR: pg_atoi: error in "{{0.22,0.2,10 ... etc
> with INSERT INTO evtransftherm .... etc

It's impossible to reproduce this problem with your given example,
since you didn't provide the definition of the parent table etalverif.

However, I'm guessing that your problem may arise from having done
ALTER TABLE ADD COLUMN on the parent at some time in the past, leading
to an inconsistency in the column ordering of the child --- dropping and
recreating the child will mean it has a different column ordering than
before.  Unfortunately pg_dump is not very smart about this situation.
AFAIK the only way to produce a reloadable dump in this case is to use
pg_dump -D (dump data as INSERTs with fully specified column names).