Re: [BUGS] Three Regression Test Problems involving dates

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Duncan Kinder" <dckinder(at)mountain(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [BUGS] Three Regression Test Problems involving dates
Date: 1999-10-10 16:13:07
Lists: pgsql-bugs
"Duncan Kinder" <dckinder(at)mountain(dot)net> writes:
> Set forth below are three regression test failures encountered on RedHat
> 6.0.  All involved differences between expected and actual dates.  The
> actual date is the date the test was run:

I see no date problems there.  Are you mistaking the diff headers for
data differences?

Anyway, the exp/pow problems are probably the result of a known
configuration glitch: if finite() is a function rather than a macro
on your machine, then 6.5.* doesn't do overflow testing correctly for
these two functions.  The polygon diffs look like just the usual
cross-machine differences in floating-point roundoff error, and the
random diff is, well, random.  (Run it again and it probably won't
fail.)

In short, nothing to worry about here.

			regards, tom lane

pgsql-bugs by date

Next:From: Pedro J. LoboDate: 1999-10-11 08:37:14