Re: GNU Cash (lack of) support of Postgres

From: "Joshua Kramer" <josh(at)bitbuckets(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: GNU Cash (lack of) support of Postgres
Date: 2006-03-06 16:08:11
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
I wonder if this is just because of lack of demand for a GnuCash supported
by a (non-file) database backend, or because of lack of developer interest
in supporting/creating such an entity.

This is one of the reasons that I recommend Quasar Accounting over GNUCash
for small or medium businesses; GNUCash may be fine for personal use, but
Quasar is much, much more feature complete, is proven in high-volume
environments, uses Postgres (or Firebird or Sybase) and best of all is
GPL.

http://www.linuxcanada.com

Of course, that doesn't solve the problem of negative perception created
by GNUCash abandoning PG support, but I have to ask how much of a negative
perception is created.  For now I don't think it's an issue, but if, for
instance, eWeek or someone else ran the story, then we might have to do
some damage control.

Thanks,
-Josh