Re: cannot access directory /pg_tblspc/*

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Charlie <perezchar(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: cannot access directory /pg_tblspc/*
Date: 2006-06-17 16:44:49
Lists: pgsql-novice

Charlie <perezchar(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> The problem is when I want to access my database 'test' once the system is
> up, it says it cannot access directory /pg_tblspc/<xxx> where <xxx> is a
> number.

I suspect it says more than that. Please provide the complete, exact
error message.

> This error can be solved by MANUALLY restarting the service 'postgresql'
> ('service postgresql restart').

That seems pretty strange. Is it possible your boot sequence is trying
to launch the database before the /bdd volume is mounted? We've seen
some pretty strange bug reports that turned out to be due to the
postmaster connecting to a working directory that was then hidden by a
subsequent mount operation ...