Re: Proposal: include PL/Proxy into core

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Marko Kreen" <markokr(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Proposal: include PL/Proxy into core
Date: 2007-03-30 17:50:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers
"Marko Kreen" <markokr(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> Now, why put it into core?

I don't think you have made a sufficient case for that.  I think it
should stay as an outside project for awhile and see what sort of
userbase it attracts.  If it becomes sufficiently popular I'd be
willing to consider adding it to core, but that remains to be seen.

We can barely keep up maintaining what's in core now --- we need to
be very strict about adding stuff that doesn't really have to be in
core, and this evidently doesn't, since you've got it working ...