Re: a regression

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: marcin mank <marcin(dot)mank(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: a regression
Date: 2011-01-25 21:19:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On 01/25/2011 12:30 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> It's only a regression if it used to pass in that locale. We can't
>> realistically try to support every possible locale in the tests.

> Maybe someone would like to set up a buildfarm member that tests a whole
> slew of locales. We've had the capability for a couple of years now.

I don't want to promise that we will fix any random locale that anyone
sets up on a buildfarm member.

What would probably be reasonable to do is a one-time run over a lot of
locales, and then collate the results to see how many distinct outputs
we see and over what sets of locales. Then we could make some reasoned
decisions about which cases are worth carrying variant expected files
for.